Tuesday, July 15, 2014

FROM TRICIA...


Greetings To All…. i hope everyone is close to 100% …….

I had to wait to share ……  My Biggest personal news… I have been awarded a California Community Foundation Mid-career Artist Fellowship  centered on my contributions to LA through the arts….

…..this of course has contributed to my spirit being elevated and most importantly allowing direct support for the creation of an interactive website to serve as a pictorial platform/map of my 20+ years in the trenches/streets challenging and yet nurturing policy for interdisciplinary civil equity through equality…..

……where is the support both generationally, politically and financially for this work to continue….?  At this juncture I think the only way we provide for the public in America ….is through private investment…..

My desire is that a discussion will follow and allow for a natural editing of information, and a small concise book will emerge….

Does anyone know a creative, patient website and code designer/developer…?  now with the fellowship… it affords me not having to work with phd students… not that it’s an unpleasant experience… just that you are at the mercy of their time commitments…. so an issue of you get what you pay for arises…. 

Recommendations taken… thanks to all…

I want to have a celebration in the near future… I will keep all posted… I did like the idea of us all meeting at one of the new downtown spots… Zinc is one Peter and Ellie recommended… belonging to their friends

The CCF fellowship website is a place where the public can view the work of current fellows.
The Kim Abeles announcement (click on the link, below) describes her newest, poignant and inclusive public art piece, in which I am honored to have my shoes included as a local leader of community building through the arts, sharing my story and  allowing everyone to “walk a mile in my shoes”…… Please visit.  you will enjoy having an urban experience to couple with Isabelle’s downtown offering of new Los Angeles.

……this has come at a time that has elevated my sense of accomplishment and encouraged me to move on to walk a mile to  discover my new endeavor… bestest to all my new friends, sending good thoughts... 




No comments:

Post a Comment