Friday, June 27, 2014

AND... FROM SARAH

Since returning from Cuba I have gotten back to much of my usual routine, with the addition of doing much more writing than usual. I have been recalling my sensory, intellectual and aesthetic impressions of the trip as I work through my pile of photos and, as you can imagine, I am trying to work fast because every passing day I feel bits of crucial data evaporating into the ether. I am posting these "notes from the field" in my blog, Art Integral, which you can reach by clicking on the link.  

Peter helpfully pointed out that my blog settings were not open for comments, so I have changed them, and fixed a few other settings to boot. I publish new articles Tuesdays and Thursdays (I have been writing double time because there is a lot of material to plow through) so if you want to follow the articles, there is a blue button on the top right of the page.

Blogging aside, when I returned to LA the first thing facing me was gathering the materials for my display booth at the Culver City Affair of the Arts where I brought many of my original paintings and prints. I loved meeting all of the new people, and gathering many new names for my mailing list, but I was also in a fog from the first onslaught of our "dark passenger". 

Since then I have been working on some of the connections I made there, one of which may turn into an opportunity to design nature art gift items for Parks Department visitor centers.  Several of my bird paintings on view at Cactus Gallery in Eagle Rock.  The show has been extended through July 31st, if any of you are in the Eagle Rock area (it's actually technically Elysian Village, aka Frogtown) and finally two of my carnival banners are being displayed at an antiques shop in Canoga Park.

That's my update!

No comments:

Post a Comment