Monday, June 16, 2014

VIVA CUBA! THE BLOG

I polled our group of travel companions about the idea of converting CUBA VIVA! the travel blog into a site for continuing exchange and community.  Despite our common indisposition, I received a number of enthusiastic responses...

Al wrote: I like it? How do I contribute?

Kate wrote, for herself and Steve: great great idea, we are in. Love reading from everyone. its fun and inspiring. thanks Peter

Sarah wrote: I like ideas that are community building, and cross connecting links is a fine idea for connecting readers as well.

Tricia wrote: I support further cultivating our new and very intimate community through exchange of the current and aspiring future visions....count me in...tricia

And Gail wrote: sounds nice Peter (along with a request to change her email address).

Good enough for me to say, Let's give it a try!

To take Al's question first: the idea would be for everyone (who so wishes) to send me (or, by "reply all" via email, the whole group) a brief update on what's going on in their lives.  It does NOT need to be about Cuba.  The idea, as Sarah and Tricia saw, is to build community, to hold us loosely together as a group as we get back to our lives.  So often, after these trips, we swear to stay in touch--and then don't.  Community is too rare a commodity these days, as is lasting friendship.  Just maybe, this way, we could make it happen.

No pressure, though!  What I'd ask is just an occasional note--a paragraph or two, perhaps, or maybe three or four, but not a saga.  As I suggested in my initial entry, it could refer to another trip, a film you saw or a book you read, a family event, something at work...  Some hap or mishap.  Even something you'd like to publicize: a painting completed, say.  No matter what, just the kind of conversational piece you might want to exchange with any one of us individually.  Maybe attach a picture or a video...  My function would be simply to receive, post, and add links where appropriate.  And notify.  

Okay?  The only remaining question is, who's on first?  (I have chosen, as you'll note, NOT to post any (or all) of those fascinating emails concerning our common experience this past week.  No need to share any more of that!  But something good, or fun, or interesting, must be developing in someone's life...  Let me know--with your permission to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment